B&B Tactical is excited to have you as a student in our Ohio Concealed Handgun License/Concealed Carry Training.
Please read this page thoroughly so that you understand the class Requirements, Rules and Guidelines. There are no exceptions to any of our classroom policies without prior, written approval from B&B Tactical. Requests for variances to standard classroom rules can be made by emailing email@example.com.
- Please carefully read the Rules and Guidelines below and provide the REQUIRED information at the bottom.
- If you paid for MORE THAN ONE PERSON, please forward the registration email to your additional attendees or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to those people directly. We MUST have this form filled out for EVERY STUDENT.
- The information requested on this page is required to provide you with the certificate of completion needed for you to apply for your Ohio CHL. Missing information may result in delays in course completion or issuing of certificates. If we do NOT have your LEGAL NAME as requested (as it's shown on your driver's license), we cannot guarantee that the certificate we have available for you at the end of the course will be valid for applying for your Ohio Concealed Holders License.
- Example: You registered for the course using the name "Kathy" but do not provide your full, legal name as printed on your Driver's License, we will put "KATHY" on your certificate. However, the Sheriff's office you use to apply for your CHL may not accept the certificate as it does not have your legal name. We cannot guess your legal name as it could be any number of variations: Kathryn, Kathleen, Kathlynne, etc.
- Your Range / Live Fire exercises will take place at: Shooters of Maumee, 501 W Sophia St., Maumee, OH 43537
- The range portion of the class is scheduled to begin at 6pm. We will arrive a little early to get students signed in, licenses gathered, etc.
- YOU WILL NEED YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT THE RANGE
- If you have never been to Shooter's, we recommend you watch the 5-minute Range Safety Video before you arrive in order to save time. The link to the video is HERE
- If you arranged range time to be completed separately from the class, please stay in touch with B&B Tactical for dates and times
CLASS RULES AND GUIDELINES
- SAFETY is Our #1 Concern
- Always assume that every firearm is loaded
- Always keep guns pointed in a safe direction
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- Always keep guns unloaded until ready to use
- THESE RULES ALSO APPLY TO ANY FIREARMS OR TRAINING AIDS USED IN THE CLASSROOM AND ON THE RANGE
WHAT TO BRING TO THE CLASSROOM
- Your Firearm - BUT NO AMMUNITION!
- YOUR GUN MUST BE IN A CASE OR BAG. NO OPEN CARRY.
- VALID ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.)
- Cash, Check or Debit/Credit Card for any money owed for the class or incidentals (ammo purchase, handgun rental, etc.)
- Any meds you will need during the 8 hours of classroom instruction and range time
- Highlighter for marking up your handbook (the written test is open book, but there’s a lot of material)
- Ear and Eye Protection (prescription glasses are fine). These are mandatory while on the range.
- If you do NOT have these items:
- For $4 you can pre-pay for your muffs and eye protection from us or you can rent them yourself directly from the range when your arrive (price is the same)
- Please use the form below to identify your hearing/eye protection needs
WHAT NOT TO BRING TO THE CLASSROOM
- NO AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM!
- If your range time is scheduled on the same day as your training class, leave ALL ammunition LOCKED IN YOUR CAR in accordance with Ohio laws regarding the transportation and storage of firearms.
- Bringing ammunition into the class will result in removal from the course
- NO EXCEPTIONS
YOU'RE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO OWN A GUN TO TAKE THIS CLASS
- B&B Tactical will rent .22 pistols with 50 rounds of ammunition AND ear/eye protection to students for range qualification. Cost is $30 for this service.
- If you are not a current gun owner, we recommend waiting until you’ve completed this course so that you have some understanding of your options and reasons for choosing a particular firearm.
- We know ammunition is hard to come by these days, so it’s a good thing B&B is well-stocked. We can sell ammunition in 50-round boxes for qualification.
- Cost for ammunition from B&B Tactical:
- .22 (50 rounds) = $14
- 9mm (50 rounds) = $33
- .380 (50 rounds) = $35
- 38 spl (50 rounds) = $43
- If you need ammunition - or need to rent a gun with ammo - AND DID NOT order it when you registered, please use the form below to identify your gun rental/ammunition needs. You will pay for these items in class when you sign in.
- IF YOU DON’T LET US KNOW NOW, WE MAY NOT HAVE AMMUNITION FOR YOU FOR THE CLASS.
NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION
- We can discuss specific policy as is appropriate to the class, but at no time will the class comment on specific candidates, parties, or ideologies.
- You're not changing anyone's mind with a 30 second rant about your stance anyway
- Save those conversations for social media.
OHIO STATE LAW REQUIRES
- Training that is 8 hours with a minimum of 2 hours of in-person training consisting of range time and live-fire training.
- The State requires that ALL students learn and demonstrate safe firearms and ammunition handling and storage.
- In addition to the State minimum requirements, the B&B Tactical Concealed Carry Class will provide education and training covering topics such as: Practical Conceal Carry, Basic Pistol Fundamentals, Choosing the Right Gun and Engaging Targets in Self-Defense.
THIS COURSE APPLIES A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT POLICY…PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
We completely understand that life sometimes gets in the way and plans have to change, but we’re here to help!
If you are unable to attend your scheduled Ohio CHL/CCW class on your original date, we’re happy to offer you a couple of options:
CLASSROOM and RANGE PERFORMANCE
Note: If you reschedule and have already filled out the Guidelines page online, you do NOT need to go through that process again. We keep your records and will simply move all of your information to the class date of your choice.
If you are unable to pass the OPEN BOOK, written exam, you will not be able to move forward with the range training/live fire. In this instance, a B&B tactical will refund all but $25 of your total course cost
- B&B Tactical understands that not everyone is an experienced shooter, so we will work with you to complete the Live Fire qualification required for you to pass this course. If you are unable to qualify after firing 50 rounds:
- You will be placed back at the end of the firing order and can continue to develop your ability to shoot after other students are finished. Be advised that this will require purchasing additional ammunition EXCEPT in the case of students who have paid for the rental of a .22 pistol AND ammunition from B&B Tactical
- If you cannot qualify on your scheduled live-fire day you can choose to:
- Schedule to re-shoot at a future date at a cost of $25 additional dollars
- Abandon your pursuit of your concealed carry permit with B&B tactical, at which point B&B Tactical will refund all but $50 of your total course cost.
- Failure to qualify options will be discussed with the students individually at the end of the total class range time/live fire exercise
- Be advised: We have NEVER had a student fail to qualify
FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED IN THE CLASSROOM
- We have a lot of ground to cover so we will not have time to break formally for meals.
- You are free to bring whatever snacks or non-alcoholic drinks you want to the classroom.
- B&B Tactical will have donuts and coffee in the morning when you arrive
- B&B Tactical will provide pizza for a working lunch. If you have specific dietary restrictions, please pack your own lunch and snacks as we aren’t equipped as a catering business and cannot provide custom menus for our students.
- We generally bring in lunch at 3pm, so please plan accordingly
You will continue to receive emails from B&B Tactical right up to your class date, so monitor your email closely. These emails will include reminders, updates and useful tips that will ensure your training and CHL application experience is the best it can be.
PLEASE PROVIDE ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW.
WE MUST HAVE YOUR LEGAL NAME AND ADDRESS AS PRINTED ON YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE FOR YOUR CERTIFICATE.
I DID NOT pay for the below items during registration, but I DO need the following for the course (check only as this applies to you). B&B Tactical can accept cash or debit/credit card IN THE CLASSROOM to cover these incidentals.
IF YOU ALREADY PAID FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED WHEN YOU SIGNED UP, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REQUEST THEM AGAIN HERE.